02 February 2006

Man of few words....

Embarked on a brand new journey across the seas, lugged with baggage that exceeded the weight limit, having bitter sweet repercussions of leaving nonetheless finally said farewell and on his way to Melbourne.



It wasn't my anticipation to shed tear or even thought i'd miss him so extremely, i guess sometimes we don't even know what's really in our heart until the moment and the hour. The tears revealed a lot - not just the thought of missing his presence or his occasional goofey jokes... it revealed a lot about him as a brother to me. I'm a person who regard highly to people who could communicate, one that can share and one that can speak into each other. And Josh just wasn't that kind of person. There's been tireless (and sometimes frustrating) attempts to get him to email, write or talk. And i never really tasted of the fruit that i expected after all the pep talks of stressing the need to communicate. And just moments before he left and after, i realized that tho that was what i expected of him, i believe and know that i've been blessed beyond words. I remember telling someone that "Oh, Koko really doesn't talk a lot but every conversation i've had with him thus far, his words have been treasured and kept dearly". Yes, undoubtedly few words proceed from his mouth but every word weighs a ton.

I too realized that the unspoken part of him speaks so much louder than words. It's easy to ignore or disregard a quiet person. But his presence is subtly and gently felt. In the midst of everything, i know he's always been there for me. For he's never gave me a cold shoulder once in my life, he's never refused to help at any point, he's never raised his voice at me and he's one person that i can truly say has seen me through my wimps and fancies, requests and demands. He's a brother and friends throughout.



But the things that broke the flood gates was his silent sacrifice he's tirelessly made. As an older brother he had every right to finish off his studies, pave his career journey and establish himself someway or another. But he chose not to. I can just imagine the years he patiently waited until i completed mine, settled down and found a job before he could envision himself pursuing what he wanted. Studying overseas in RMIT was always in his heart. A desire planted is not easily entrenched unless it's not of God, and this i believe is one of them. The many years of waiting or opening yourself to the working world meant a lot to me. I can't describe how much it touched my heart for i tasted for myself a little more of the overwhelming gratitude when sacrifice is made. Believe me, it's even greater when the sacrifice is made in silence - there wasn't a BIG flag that flew stating his enormous gift to me, there wasn't a million people chattering praising him for what he has done. Just in silence, he made that decision - and i will always be grateful... always.

Now saying farewell to him is another step - for greater things and unravelled treasures to reveal. I believe that time there will not be wasted, instead it will be multiplied and extended, for HIS purposes and plans - in his life. Finally, you're off... i'm esctatic and excited for you. This is what you've been waiting for... Ko, you will come back a stronger person - in spirit and in character. You will come back a better person - in heart and attitude. Sending you there meant leaving the "old josh" but excited to see the "new josh" returning (whenever). I believe, pray and know that you will NOT be the same - only greater for His glory. Love you soooooooooo much....

No comments: